bupropion Games Rules & Guidelines
Rules and Guidelines for Comment, Chat and Forums
Our Comment system, Discord Channel(s) and Forums are protected by the following rules. They are not negotiable, can not be challenged and breaking them may result in a warning or website ban.
All of the interactive features on the bupropion Games website are free for every registered member. We kindly ask that you put some thought into your posts, and that you follow these rules and guidelines. Failure to comply with one or more of these rules may result in a ban from commenting/chatting/posting, or even the entire website.
- Rule #1. – All posting must be written in English. Posts written in any other language than English may be removed without notice. Exceptions to this rule:
- Non-English messages may be left on user profiles, but only after you determine that the recipient of your message can communicate in that other language used.
Writing messages in an alternate language to deliberately bypass our profanity filters or to initiate flaming, trolling or spamming, will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.
- Rule #2. – No “Flaming“ – Writing hostile or insulting messages aimed at other users for their views or comments. You can disagree with someone’s views and still be courteous and polite about it. Name-calling (“noob”) comments are at Moderator or Admin discretion and can be removed without warning. Continuing said behaviour is considered to be ‘Harassment’, which is more severe and will be dealt with accordingly. In short: ‘Be respectful of others at all times.’
- Rule #3. – No “Trolling“ – Deliberately posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) or purposefully misleading comments or posts with the intention of belittling other users or baiting them into a response. Pretending to be another user is also considered trolling. Most important: ‘Do not feed the trolls’
- Rule #4. – No “Spamming“ – No advertisements, or referral links to other services. We also classify spam as short replies (usually fewer than 7 words) which do not contribute to our game feedback system. Short messages that are links without text are highly discouraged and can be removed without notice.
- Rule #4.1. No posting of “Chain Letters” or encouraging others to do this.
- Rule #4.2. No posting of ‘invite’ or ‘help’ links to any games, except in the official Community Forum threads provided by bupropion Games.
- Rule #4.3. No “necro-posting“. Do not revive a thread that was inactive for a long time, unless there is a solid foundation and/or reason. However, if a Moderator feels there is no solid grounds for the revival, the thread can still be locked without explanation or notification.
- Rule #4.4. No “bumping“. Do not post in a thread for no other reason but to have it go to the top of the list. Repeated bumping will have consequences. ‘Start fresh.’
- Rule #5. – No impersonating users, especially Admins or Moderators. Impersonating an Admin or Moderator is strictly forbidden and will have your account punished to the fullest extent of our abilities.
- Rule #5.1. No ‘Sock-puppeting‘. Do not create multiple accounts to engage into sock-puppeting to praise, defend or support your own statements. These accounts will be deleted on sight and may have consequences for your main account as well.
- Rule #6. – No Hacking. No manipulating of our website or any embedded systems to acquire user data or exclusive Armatars. Whether this was intentional or not, this will likely result in you being permanently banned from any future website interaction.
- Rule #7. – No software piracy. No discussions of software piracy, illegal material, blocking software for advertisements or linking to related websites will be tolerated. ‘Play it fair’.
- Rule #8. – No hateful posting. Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, gender, medical condition, lifestyle, etc. Even if you personally don’t think of this as hateful or mean, someone else might. ‘Think before you post.’
- Rule #9. – No lewd or offensive content. Do not post lewd or offensive content, or pictures/links to lewd or offensive content. Do not initiate a discussion about Drugs, Politics, Religion, Sexual or any other obscene/profane topic. Keep everything Safe for Work, and always remember that kids visit this website. Basic rule: ‘If in doubt, don’t post it.’
- Rule #10. – No swearing or crude language. If you’re that angry about something, take a break for a while, or -if possible- confront the other user directly instead of in the comments/chat/forums. If you feel that a situation is beyond your control, or you expect it is going to escalate, contact an Admin or Mod and explain the situation to them. Let them handle it and ultimately, respect their final ruling without complaining.